Friday, November 10, 2006

novel spam?

Hi nice try,
Greetings
Let me introduce myself , I am BLAH, a Bangalore based consultant. I happen to view your profile while surfing on the net and thought if I could suggest a few opportunities which I am currently working on in the area of Research and Development for few of the premier and most admired companies.
Kindly get back to me with your contact number and a available slot to call so that we could discuss and take it forward.or updated profile which I can take into procees.
Thanks & Regards
BLAH
Associate Manager - Executive Search


Heres what I would have liked to write as a response -- of course didnt think it deserved a reply :-)

Hi BLAH,

Much as I would like to believe that your esteemed and most admired companies would be interested in hiring a random person whose profile you found on the web, I believe it my responsibility to inform you and your ilk that I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever of gettting out my current coccoon to enter the bad bad world of the businesses you are referring to. I appreciate your most nobel and altruistic endeavor in trying to make my life better, but you havent made an offer that I cannot refuse :-).

Thanks,

nice try

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Or you could just send an email, with just your name.
---
Blah,
nicetry
---
:)

SVR said...

Is this the first time you've gotten such an e-mail? Your PageRank must totally suck.

@yhac: How does that help?

SVR said...

p.s. add a smiley to the PageRank comment :)

Unknown said...

@SVR: nicetry==no

SVR said...

ah, didn't see the pun! :)

nice try said...

what yhac has failed to mention that the nice try is pronounced with an emphasis on the nice-part to indicate a deep sense of contempt, derision, sarcasm and all things negative :-)

nice try said...

@svr: with reference to the page ranlk -- i dont think my homepage is linked from anywhere specific, in any case i dont think the content on my homepage exudes a whole deal of exuberance and confidence to solicit such requests :-)